When in the server , there are dual-core or multiprocessor system, then we can assign a process to a specific processor. But you can only do this after the process is already running.
To do this, You can follow the process as per below:-
Changing a Process’s Affinity
- Right-click on the Windows taskbar and launch Task Manager.
- Then switch over to the details tab.
- Find your process in the list, right-click on it and choose Set affinity from the context menu.
- You will see by default all apps are allowed to span all the processors in your PC.
- Just uncheck the ones you don’t want it to run on and you are good to go.